Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Get to Know Independent Band: Had Enough


Lisa Selvaggio: How long have you been working on this project, and what was the inspiration behind it?
Had Enough: Two years. Reality is my main inspiration; my music takes on many different topics such as my personal life, politics, the music industry, etc.

LS: How would you describe your image and your sound?
HAD ENOUGH: I don't really have an image. I don't focus too much on that. My sound can be best described as Lyrical Hip-Hop.

LS: Who are you most influenced by musicially as well as lyrically?
HAD ENOUGH: Mostly Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Ill Bill, Diabolic, and the older work of Eminem.

LS: What excites you and/or scares you the most about the music industry as we know it today?
HAD ENOUGH: What scares me the most is how much "puppet work" is being put into place. Too many artists that are huge today are just copy and paste artists, not very much originality is being put out there. And the mainstream cats that do have some sort of original style are half-assing it. But I'm excited to see today marks a great time for independent artists to break through; if they just stay true to themselves and continue to work harder and release quality music, they have a bright future ahead of them. And I'm stoked to see that indie labels are helping small-time artists progress. I always tell people, the best music is in the underground.

LS: What do you have coming up in the near future (ex: album, tour, etc.)?
HAD ENOUGH: My debut album, No American Dream Left is set to drop on iTunes May 21st following a few Midwest tours. I'm also dropping a couple of mixtapes on my http://www.bandcamp.com/ page (hadenough918.bandcamp.com) in November, and then I'll be hitting the studio for my second album, Death to Prima Donnas. Yeah, I'm always working! ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment